The Ranorex Java Plug-In allows testing of Java Swing and Java AWT
You can setup the Java Plug-In for your application
manually or you can walk through the Java instrumentation wizard
- Java Instrumentation Wizard
If you are using Windows XP SP2,
please also make sure that the Windows Update KB884020 is installed, which resolves problems with the local network communication.
Manual Setup of Ranorex Java Plug-In
- First of all close all Ranorex Tools.
- Now you have to determine the path of your active Java runtime Environment
to know where to copy the necessary files to. Open the Java Runtime
Environment Settings which can be found in 'Java Control Panel' (Control-Panel -> Java).
There you can see the path of your Java Runtime Environment. If you
have more than one Java Runtime Environment installed on your machine,
check which one will be used to execute your Java applications by
determining which one is activated.
- After identifying the path you have to copy each of the following
files to its corresponding directory based on the root folder of your
java runtime installation (e.g. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\'). The given files are located in the Ranorex installation folder (e.g. 'C:\Program Files\Ranorex 3.2\Bin')
- 'accessibility.properties' to \lib
- 'RanorexAutomation.jar' to \lib\ext
- 'JavaHelper32/64.dll' to \bin
After restarting you Java application you should be able to use the Ranorex for your Java application under test.